In this lab, students learn about the different components of a line graph, the difference between independent and dependent variables and then use this knowledge to create graphs given sets of data.
Download the Labs!
- Understand the three components of a completed graph: (1) main title, (2) x and y-axis labels, and (3) using correct units of measurement.
- Distinguish between data representing independent and dependent variables.
- Analyzing and interpreting data that may be difficult to appreciate in a table format.
- Graph paper (several sheets per student)
- Straight edge (at least one per student group)